Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why I Want a Degree from UTSA

The autism spectrum has always been something that has irrevocably drawn me in. Since high school, I have been enthralled by this pervasive developmental disorder. I decided to get a degree in Psychology and Communications to further the knowledge and applications skills a graduate program in Communication Disorders would demand. Getting these degrees from UTSA are a stepping stone to my career aspirations.

Currently, I am employed as a behavioral therapist at Stone Oak Therapy. I volunteered there for almost 3 months before receiving my certification and an offer of employment. Being able to work in a clinic staffed with highly experienced and competently trained employees has continually added to my education. The patients are hard working and under a program that is aimed towards their constant growth. The building itself is fully equipped with everything a patient, worker, and parent needs for the furthering of their functionality.

Being a behavioral therapist, moving towards two degrees, and looking forward to a future in furthering my education is a place in my life that was sparked by UTSA, and I'm grateful for the opportunity.





1 comment:

  1. The background of a shelf of books isn't distracting in the least and adds a nice splash of color to the blog over all, as well as giving the blog some continuity throughout the various posts.

    The post itself was concise and informative. The UTSA graphic at the bottom was centered, which gave some finality to the post. :thumbs up:

    ReplyDelete